As a photographer, I make my living creating and sharing my photographs. And so when it comes to posting my work on the Internet, I’m opening myself up to the inevitability that people will steal my work. All photographers deal with it. It’s just the way it is.
But the thing is, if no one sees and enjoys our images, it doesn’t do anyone any good. And even though it’s a tough decision to let go of control, I decided to share my work. But please remember, the images are…
All images appearing on kimolsonphoto.com, unless otherwise noted, are the exclusive property of Kim Olson and are protected under the United States and International Copyright laws. Please be respectful of my work and if you have any questions about the information below, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
With that out of the way, if you decide you’d like to use my images, please be sure to read and follow the guidelines below.
How You Can Use the Images
You are free to use & share my images if ALL of the following are true:
1) Personal Use (Non-Commercial)
The image will only be used for personal, non-commercial reasons. For example, you may include one of my Alaskan images when writing about your trip to Alaska on your blog.
2) Link to KimOlsonPhoto.com
Wherever the image is used there must be a link to this site, https://kimolsonphoto.com.
3) Image Credit
There must be a visible credit to Kim Olson Photography next to the image.
Please remember that even though you may share or use my images, they are all still copyrighted and protected by United States Law and Kim Olson retains all Copyrights to the images.
How You Can’t Use the Images
- Commercial Use (unless granted a specific license – see below)
- You may not create prints of images for use in a home or at work
- You may not sell or profit from the use of images
Licensing Images for Commercial Use
If you wish to use the images for Commercial Use, additional licensing will be necessary and permission must be expressly granted by me (Kim). Please email your request to kim [@] kimolsonphoto.com.
Example Commercial uses that require licenses:
- Image used for marketing or advertising materials (like a brochure or newsletter)
- Image used on a website selling anything, be it services, physical products or digital downloads
More Detailed Information about Creative Commons Licensing
All images by Kim Olson are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Basically that means you can use my images only under these conditions:
- Attribution: All images must be attributed to Kim Olson and have a link to https://kimolsonphoto.com.
- Non-Commercial: All images must be used for personal reasons only and not for commercial reasons.
I know this stuff can get confusing, so please get in touch if you have any questions about usage. Thank you!